Saturday, November 1, 2008

A proper Halloween!



After two or three or possibly even four years of boring, uninspired Halloweens, I have finally done it up right, as they say. I carved a pumpkin to look like Audrey Hepburn and gave her a chopstick cigarette (I actually call her "skiing accident Audrey" because her nose is a bit askew), watched both my favorite Halloween-ish films ("It's the great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and "Young Frankenstein") aaaand dressed in a costume and went to a Party. Whaddyaknow?

I was Margot Tenenbaum although a rather shocking amount of people at the soiree had never even seen "The Royal Tenenbaums."

2 comments:

Kelsy said...

Ahaha. This just made me think of this: http://www.sorryimissedyourparty.com/2008/10/what-not-to-be-for-halloween.html

Anyway, way to go with Halloween.

Margaux said...

hahaha Oh wow. I am unashamed, however, I am now even more glad I didn't decide to be a Freudian slip.