Friday, July 15, 2011

Ahem...

I can't say I've been up to much. Though I have been reading. Observe my recent achievements:





I haven't been writing...or posting....about anything. Whoops. I think I've been feeling a little introspective and uninspired lately. Just today I decided to leap around and peruse some of my favorite vintage blogs and it reminded me how much fun I have being a classsy pin up girl. I confess I've gotten lazy due to summer. I seem to wear a lot of stretchy cotton and t-shirt dresses, and while I play with hair and make up sometimes, my vintage wardrobe has been hanging around, bored. I tried to start reading Middlemarch by George Eliot but sometimes I have to confess to myself: I may be patient for a girl of the 21st century, but I may not be patient enough for seven hundred pages of George Eliot. I KNOW I'll like the Masterpiece Theatre miniseries, though. You understand my dilemma.

Oh yes: I learned to do a fishtail braid (exhibit E):

Oh Diane Kruger is so cute.

Also, tomorrow I plan to bake not one, not two, but THREE gorgeous-delicious-yum pies for the cast and crew of Trek in the Park....including a new recipe for me. So you see? It's not like I haven't been DOING things....I just haven't been doing as many things as normal people do.....but that'll change. La la la....the end of the random post about random things.

3 comments:

Celia said...

Jane Austen's books are so gorgeous :D sometimes is even better to stay reading and not thinking.
Like the braid too :)

kisses!

emma wallace said...

Okay, I know I've bothered you about a hair tut before but I've always wanted to know how to do a fishtail braid!

And I think mysteries are perfect for summer reading! Well, and fall reading. And...

Margaux said...

Thanks, Miss Ontherocks. And yes you can never go wrong with Jane Austen. :)
Emma, you never bother me-it just inspires me to be slightly less lazy. haha :)