Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New movies I am actually really excited (or moderately excited) to see


SHERLOCK HOLMES
I have a thoroughly ridiculous crush on Robert Downey Jr. He's a great actor and I've liked him since prepubescence when I saw him in the movie, Chaplin (he's fabulous in it, check your library/youtube/netflix/video store). Also, my mom and I loved watching him on Ally McBeal, when he was on for a couple seasons. The man has charisma, and probably if you at least saw Iron Man, you know what I'm talking about. Now, they tell me he's playing Sherlock Holmes?!!?!! Period piece mystery/adventure!!!! Old fashioned boxing!!! I AM SO IN.




EASY VIRTUE
Colin Firth in a movie that looks good?? Yay!!! I knew you'd rise again! Noel Coward!!! And Kristin Scott Thomas, who is one of my all-time favorites! My only gripe is that Jessica Beil makes me insanely jealous (as does any young actress who gets to glide around in these GORGEOUS little period films...le sigh...maybe I should lose weight and look perfect all the time and go hang out at a soda fountain like Grace Kelly or Lana Turner or whoever, and just sit there, and then I'll get discovered...hmm, where is the nearest soda fountain? 1963?? Damn).




CHERI
Also the 1920s. Also gorgeous. Also Stephen Frears. And Rupert Friend!!! The adorable Englishman I've been telling people about since I saw him in Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont with Joan Plowright.


I also want to see Star Trek since everyone has been raving..and The Brothers Bloom.

2 comments:

Kelsy said...

Oooh! I'm excited about Sherlock Holmes and The Brothers Bloom, too!!

And I only know Rupert Friend from the abominable 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice. I recall he has insane bone structure.

Margaux said...

haha Yes! He was Wickham for the blink of an eye in that film.