Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Blossom Dearie, I love you, I thank you, and I miss you already.



Blossom Dearie passed away on the seventh of February, this year. I only Just realized this sad news and I am terribly, truly saddened. I know I JUST ranted about Eartha Kitt. But now BLOSSOM too!!!!!????

My heart aches. I never met this woman but she really was one of my goddesses, my living breathing heroes. She was so inspiring. She meant so much to my little life and now she's gone. I'm going to come right out and say this: I like to believe in Heaven, and now that she's gone, I like believing in it even more than before.

Blossom, I never wrote you a poem or a thank you note or a fan letter. I never got to see you perform or knock on your dressing room door (even if that part is fantasy). I may be a relatively new fan, but I am a faithful one, and I adore you too much for words. It was a real and honest hope of mine that one day I'd see you up close and maybe even say hi.

Here is a video of a song by the late, most Wonderful Blossom Dearie:



And another, more Blossom-like song:

No comments: