Tuesday, August 16, 2011

my first cheesecake


I think coffee, beer and cheesecake are just things you like more and more as you get older. Okay, maybe I'm the only one who looks at cheesecake this way. It just seems like a grownup dessert to me...and over the past year or two, all of the above have begun to appeal to me much more. I watch a lot of The Golden Girls and I adore how they always have late night talks over cheesecake. So I popped on an episode and made my first cheesecake from scratch. It wasn't difficult but it took a lot of time-mainly because of the graham cracker crust which was challenging to keep stuck to the sides of the springform pan. And yes, it was also my first attempt at a recipe from this gem of a cookbook from 1995, Cooking with Friends. I'm such a nostalgia nerd.

No comments: