Thursday, September 3, 2009

waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting....

...for a telephone call. It was fun at first. It was fun having someone to wait for. Now it's driving me absolutely round the bend-insane. Nervous. Last night was excited-nervous. Last night was sing-along to the Funny Girl soundtrack while shimmying around the house. Now it's getting severe. Am trying to distract myself. It's difficult. I feel like Dorothy Parker, except we don't look alike, I don't smoke and I don't drink as much as she probably did, and I feel she was probably sharper and had more bite to her bark. Not that I'm lacking in bite...I have some stored up for emergency situations. I'm rambling.

If you haven't read Dorothy Parker's short story, A Telephone Call, do yourself a favor and click here.

Okay, I clearly have nothing else to say at this juncture.

No comments: